Sunday, August 2, 2015

Red Pear Redux

In a first attempt to paint red pears for my video (see video here),   I painted these pears.  I wasn't really happy with them so i started over and did what you see in the video.  I thought, however that I should at least post these that I did in preparation.

I like certain things about this painting, but there are a few I wish I did differently.  I should have put both stems from the pears in the rear pointing up.  I wanted to cross the one from the back with the one in the front, but in hindsight, I think it causes a little confusion for your eye.  Additionally, I think I should have put the red of the background color in the foreground and moved the green tinting to the back.  Doing this would have made the picture look a lot deeper.

Well, live and learn.  I was trying to do this all in 15 minutes and guess I was feeling a bit rushed.  Its still not a bad painting.  I like it.  Hope you do to...

No comments:

Post a Comment