Sunday, August 30, 2015

The planes are flying high

Continuing with the airplane theme, I give you this navy corsair.  It was, of course, super fun to paint.  I've liked these since the first time I ever saw one as a kid.  I think is must be the crazy bent wings.  At any rate, this is my interpretation of one of these great planes.

Oh, and I made a video of it.  If you care to watch it can be found here.

I didn't intend to do this, but it seems like the whole painting was done with a couple of different shades of blue.  They were ultramarine, pthalo, and cerulean.  Both the plane and the sky are basically nothing but these three colors.  I'm glad I put in a little yellow on the nose and the red in the logo.

I'd love to get some feedback on this.  Let me know what you think either here or on the video link.  Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment