Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sea Lions on a Buoy

What is cooler than a bunch of Sea Lions lounging on a buoy in the ocean.  If you are a sea lion, then nothing.  These guys are just snoozing and watching life pass them by.  It sure was nice of someone to put this out in the harbor for them to sleep on.

If you are a mainlander and haven't come across sea lions before, you really need to make a trip to the coast to find some.

I live a half mile from the Pacific Ocean and I can hear them barking all night long.  I don't know how far their voices carry, but it sounds like they are just across the street.

When you encounter them in the wild, they are naturally inquisitive and, of course, always  looking for a bite to eat.  They patrol the harbor hoping to get anything that might fall off a fishing boat, or whatever tourists toss to them  (don't do the latter, please).

Anyway.  This one was a hoot to paint, and if I do say so myself, turned out pretty good.  I've got a speed painting of it. If you can spend a few minutes it's not a bad view.


No comments:

Post a Comment