Friday, October 30, 2015

Old Blue Chevy Truck (HOPE Truck)

This is my latest painting.  It is the HOPE truck from Dripping Springs, Texas.  A friend of mine took the picture and it was too much for me not to paint it.   I had a great time with this.  I love all the rust and faded colors.

Painting the shadow and darkness at the top of the painting (under the eaves and the tree shadow behind the building) was completely terrifying to paint.  I had what I thought was a good painting, but needing the shadow and I had to put it on.  the color is so dark, I was afraid I would totally mess it up.

Luckily, I like the way it turned out.

I was told that maybe i should have left the windows jus ta bit lighter, and darkened the ground below the truck.  Hmmm.  Something to think about.

I love this painting.  It is hanging proudly in my office.  I'm so juiced at the way this one turned out, I can't wait to paint my next one.

Oh, and by the way, if you want to see how I did it, I do have a video.  Thanks for the quick read.  Hope you love the truck as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment