Sunday, May 3, 2015

Driftwood Christmas Tree Centerpiece

I had at one point in time, seen, on Etsy, these cool driftwood Christmas trees.  I thought to myself, I could make those.  I live near the ocean, and have an ample supply of driftwood.  All I need to do is collect the right pieces. and find a way to put them together.  How hard can it be.
Fast forward 2 years and I have my first one.  Its not that I couldn't have done it.  Having made this first one, I have found it to be just as I thought it would be.  I just hadn't had the time 2 years ago, and by the time I got back to it, I'd forgotten about this little project, and my stack of driftwood relegated to a back corner of the garage never to be seen again.

Well, this weekend I found the wood, and constructed my first Christmas Tree centerpiece.  Its just the right size to sit at the center of your holiday table, and looks nice enough it could sit out all season.  The biggest problem I had was trying to balance all the pieces so that the piece would be stable and sit flat.  Once I got that accomplished, all went smoothly.  

Event though it is only May, I might have to build a bunch of these, and have them ready for sale when the holiday season comes rolling around.  

Thanks for taking a look.  Hope you enjoyed seeing this little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment