Thursday, May 21, 2015

Painting on Photo Paper

This picture may look a bit of a mess.  And I guess it is a bit of a mess, but there is a very good reason.  I tried to do an experiment with this.  The painting is on photo paper.  I had some extra ink jet photo paper left over from a printer that I don't even have any more.  I thought it would  be a good experiment to see if I could paint on it.  

I found that it was really difficult to paint on.  since it was made for an inkjet printer, the paper really soaks up the water, and doesn't give you any time to move paint around or let it mix much. And then when the paper gets too wet, it just sits on top for a looooooooong time.

Well, it was an interesting experiment, but I don't think I'll follow up on it, unless......

No comments:

Post a Comment