Friday, May 22, 2015

Motorcycle

Not exactly sure I am finished with this yet, but I'm pretty far along.  There are some parts of this that I really love, and some that I'm not quite so fond of.

I really had trouble with the front wheel on this.  The fender isn't quite right, and wheel isn't quite right.  But after that, I think the whole painting is gravy.  I love the back 2/3s of this bike.

I got the shading mostly right, I think, and I got the amount of detail in the engine about right.

I had originally planned on painting all of the engine.  Incredibly detailed, like I've tried to do before.  But this time, I painted just a few strokes on it, then stepped back, and WOW, it seemed right.  I did put in a few more squiggles and lines, but noting approaching any real kind of detail in the engine.  Your eyes just kind of fill every thing it.

Like I said to start, I don't know how much more I'm gonna do on this, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment